Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #4




First of all - thanks for visiting last week. I wanted to tell you that the little colored tomatoes were de-li-cious!

And now for something completely different ...

Todays Thursday Thirteen is a little test and a great exercise for your brain. If you want to participate, take a piece of paper before reading on - just a normal sheet - and a pen, and get ready to flex those brain-muscles. This test is time limited. You've got 2 minutes, so set your alarm-clock and be honest ;) Got everything? Then go:
  1. Read through all the instructions before you do anything!
  2. Write your first and your last name in the upper right corner of the sheet.
  3. Draw 5 small squares on the upper part of the sheet.
  4. Pencil a * (star) into each suare.
  5. Sign the sheet with your last name in the lower right corner.
  6. Turn the sheet upside down and write down your date of birth.
  7. Put the sheet back in to normal position and write your first loves name underneath the squares.
  8. Write the letter "X" into the lower left corner of the sheet.
  9. Draw a circle around the "X" you've just written.
  10. Use the lower part of the sheet to solve the following calculation: 6+9-3x3-17
  11. Underline the result twice.
  12. Now add together all the numbers on your sheet (don't forget you brith date!)
  13. And now, after you've first of all read all the instructions, just do what you are asked for in point No.2 !

I hope you enjoyed the test and succeeded in passing it :)
Happy TT!

Luv Julia



22 Kommentare:

threesidesofcrazy said...

CUTE! I'd seen it before, but I bet a lot of people go through the motions before they read it all LOL!

Anonymous said...

I first saw that a few years ago and was completely taken in by it!

SJ Reidhead said...

I remember a teacher handing out something like this as a test - years and years ago. I failed!

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

Michelle said...

I think I failed. I can't figure it out. What am I missing? I'll have to give it a try again. Fun TT!

Candy Minx said...

Oh...I almost forgot to read the whole thing...but then little light recalled instruction #1...

A lot of fun...here is my TT list:

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2008/09/13-things-about-fosterpartners.html

marcia@joyismygoal said...

got my name down :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun and creative TT! Thanks so much for doing it!

Meju said...

Cute.....took me a minute! Happy TT.

Lori said...

It sounds fun but there is no sheets of paper to be found in this house...hmmmmmm. Happy TT:)

Anonymous said...

Good thing I always read instructions first. hehe. THat was a good one. Happy TT! :)

Unknown said...

We use this with the scouts often

Patsy said...

Oops --- and I've actually done this with students and still missed the first step --- mark me down as stupid! :)

Darla said...

Ack! I got halfway through before I remembered instruction #1! At least I didn't get all the way to the end.

Anonymous said...

ha ha, that's funny! For ONCE I followed instructions and read the instructions first ;-)

xx
Anita

bernieg1 said...

I did this one before and found it rather intersting. It sure made a great TT.

My TT this is week is about the 13 Myths of Sarah Palin

Unknown said...

Julia would you email me?
sassylucylootoo(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm embarrased to say that I was confused at first. I took reading the other comments to realize what I had done. Oy vey!

Jaya said...

Yay! For once I read the instructions first!

Ivanhoe said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have some bling-bling for you at my place :o)
Have a wonderful weekend!

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I saw this before and it's a very good lesson in teaching kids to follow directions. I'm one of those strange people who does what I'm told so I did read this all the way through as instructed when I first came across it.

Unknown said...

I remember this from high school. I was one of the few that didn't do the whole thing!

GumbyTheCat said...

I got caught by this many years ago, around 1977... my junior high American history teacher was fed up with our class not listening to instructions so he gave us like a 300-question test like this. I failed. However, it did teach me a lesson, and you didn't get me today, ha ha ha!

ss_blog_claim=8a5525c2ee39a3990f55bc4307524d60