Friday, November 23, 2007

It's the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Hey folks!

I hope you all survived Thanksgiving and had a wonerful time.

We had some friends at our house and, as I wrote yesterday, I made pumpkin-soup to start the dinner. I haven't tried the recipe before, so we were all curious how the soup would taste.

The recipe was kind of exotic, containing ginger and coconut milk, and ... it was delicious!
That's why I want to share it with you! So bring your pots and mittens and prepare!

You need:

2 lb of chopped pumpkin
1 lb of chopped carrots
1 big onion - chopped
2 tbs of butter
2 pt of vegetable stock
2 inches of fresh ginger - fine chopped (or 2tsp of gingerpowder)
1 t of coconut milk (creamy)
juice of 1 lemon
salt, pepper, soysauce

- melt the butter in a big pot
- first sweat the onion a bit, then add pumpkin and carrots and sweat for another 2-3 min.
- add the vegetable stock and the ginger
- simmer on low heat for about 20 min. until the vegetables are soft
- puree the vegetables, until the soup has a creamy consistence
- add the lemon juice, spice with salt, pepper and soysauce after your fancy ;)

You see it's an easy recipe with an exotic twist, and it's vegetarian, too :)
I hope you enjoy cooking it, as much as I enjoyed eating it!

1 Kommentare:

Melissa said...

I've made that soup before and it is wonderful! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

Melissa

ss_blog_claim=8a5525c2ee39a3990f55bc4307524d60