Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stuck in a moment you can't get out of ...

... or better said in a size.

Since March I've been ona diet now. Nothing hard to do, no harsh restrictions, no bad-ass workout. Actually all I did was:
  • having breakfast (I had to get used to the fact, that a cigarette and a glass of juice is not the adequat start in the day),
  • avoiding carbs after after lunch
  • eating three full, healthy meals a day instead of rummaging through the fridge every thirty minutes
  • taking my bike instead of the bus or the car
  • avoid fast food and convenience food as well as everything that is fried
  • and - ok, it can't be all easy, can it? - reducing my chocolate consumption :(
It really wasn't that hard to do and I lost 22 pounds that way. And then it semmed that my scale just stuck ...
I just didn't lose or gain anything anymore.
As I don't want to put more food restrictions on me, I thought about doing more sport, but don't know which. Any suggestions?

Love Julia

P.S.: Credits to U2 for a good headline :) and thanks for a great song!

10 Kommentare:

Joy0z said...

Hello Julia..first of all I would like to thank you for commenting on my post.
You know what? I'm doing all the opposite with what you're doing because I want to gain weight but no to avail. I still stuck with 38kgs. Sigh.
Keep going girl and you're also contributing for the greener environment.
JoySpeaking

Beaderjojo said...

Try hula hoopig! Its a fun way to get a great workout. But you have to make sure you get a good hoop, not the cheesy kids ones.

Ivanhoe said...

All I know is that you have to "shock" your body with something different in order to start loosing again. So whatever you do next (swimming, aerobics, jogging?), keep doing it until you stop loosing and then switch again to something else :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting and giving me good advice :) Maybe I try shocking my body with hula hooping it actually sound like much fun!

Unknown said...

i have been stuck in post baby body for over a year now. when you figure out how to "un-stick", please let me know. i need to "un-stick".

Unbalanced Libra said...

I'm right there with ya, stuck =/

Anonymous said...

Are you voluntary or did the "nice" Amtsarzt at the lovely Gesundheitsamt say that you have to? My visit there was very amusing...

Christie O. said...

i love that song!

i was in the same fix, i had lost 10 pounds but was stuck there. i had being going to the gym (doing a combination of cardio -- treadmill and elliptical-- and weights) three times a week. I stepped it up to 5 or six times a week and i lost a total of 25 pounds. now i'm stuck again. so i'm trying to mix it up -- doing different cardio and adding in more and different weights. we'll see if that happens. i think just changing your routine up would help because our bodies get used to the same ol same ol. good luck!

Michelle said...

Wow, 22 pounds is great. Wish I could do that. I lost 15 pounds after my daughter was born? Like you, my scale is stuck. What's up with that? Wish I had some advice for you. Just keep you chin up and it will eventually happen.

Anonymous said...

Eat on time and always try to walk for about 2-3 km a day.
And I love that song. It's my favorite. :)

ss_blog_claim=8a5525c2ee39a3990f55bc4307524d60